It’s Her Business: A Handbook for Preparing Young, At-risk Women to Become Entrepreneurs is a practical resource for organizations seeking to start or strengthen entrepreneurship programs for young, at-risk women. It outlines the essential components of successful entrepreneurship programs, discusses common challenges and considerations, and provides other useful tips and resources.
• Is an Entrepreneurship Program Right for Your Organization?
• Alternative Approaches to Helping Young Women Earn Money
• Training Issues
• Monitoring and Evaluation
• Deciding What Product or Service to Offer
• Marketing, Branding, and Packaging
• Business Plans
• Learning from and Coping with Challenges
• Financial Literacy
• Fundamentals of Finance for a Beginning Entrepreneur
• Capital, Savings, and Credit
Who It’s For
• Organizations that have not worked in the field of entrepreneurship before, and that are trying to decide whether it makes sense to establish an entrepreneurship program.
• Organizations that already work with adult women or young people on entrepreneurship, and that wish to strengthen their ability to engage young, at-risk women as entrepreneurs.
• Organizations that work with young, at-risk women on other issues, and are considering launching an entrepreneurship program.
We welcome your feedback on the handbook. Please feel free to leave a comment below.